The past few days I have been making a lot of treats for Valentine's Day. I really love all the Valentine's Day flavors, especially anything with chocolate. One of my favorite Valentine's Day flavors is red velvet, I love the rich chocolate flavor of red velvet.
I decided to make one of my favorite treats and combine it with one of my favorite Valentine's Day flavors to make a fantastic treat. These Red Velvet Muddy Buddies or Puppy Chow are so good and have a great flavor. Even though these don't have the same deep red color of red velvet, they still have the same great taste. I used red sprinkles to make the muddies buddies more festive. These use Red Velvet cake mix, powdered sugar, chocolate, and Chex to create a fantastic treat.
This Red Velvet Puppy Chow was so delicious, I really loved the red velvet flavor. Also, one of my favorite things about muddy buddies is that they are so easy to make and can be made in a matter of minutes. These would be great for any Valentine's Day party or for any celebration.
Red Velvet Muddy Buddies
5 cups rice Chex cereal
1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
1 1/2 cups red velvet cake mix
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Red sprinkles (optional)
1. Add the powdered sugar and the red velvet cake mix into a plastic bag and shake to combine.
2. Put the Chex cereal in a large bowl.
3. Melt the semi sweet chocolate chips in the microwave for 45 seconds and stir until smooth. If not melted, microwave for additional 10 second increments until melted and smooth.
4. Pour the melted chocolate over the Chex cereal and mix until the cereal is coated. Add the cereal to the plastic bag with the powdered sugar and red velvet mixture and shake until the cereal is completely covered.
5. If desired, add the sprinkles on top of the muddy buddies.
Linked to these parties