Wow, I cannot believe that the holidays are almost here. I love the holiday season, especially all the baking and the parties. Muddy Buddies are always a favorite treat of mine, especially around the holidays. They are great for parties or just to munch. I've even heard the original version called Reindeer Food around the holidays.
Since Muddy Buddies are great around the holidays, I decided to make them more festive. I made these delicious Candy Cane Muddy Buddies using my favorite type of seasonal Hershey Kisses, the Candy Cane Hershey Kisses. I loved these Muddy Buddies, I think they might even be better than the originals. I really liked the crunch of the candy cane pieces and my favorite thing is that they are so easy to make! I hope that you make these for your holiday parties this year.
Candy Cane Muddy Buddies
5 cups rice Chex cereal
1 bag (10 ounces) Candy Cane Hershey Kisses, melted
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup crushed candy canes
1. Add the powdered sugar to a plastic bag.
2. Put the Chex cereal in a large bowl.
3. Melt the Candy Cane Hershey Kisses in the microwave for 45 seconds and stir until smooth. If not melted, microwave for additional 15 second increments until melted and smooth.
4. Pour the melted Candy Cane Hershey Kisses over the Chex cereal and mix until the cereal is coated. Add the cereal to the plastic bag with the powdered sugar mixture and shake until the cereal is completely covered.
5. Then add the crushed Candy Cane pieces to the bag and shake to coat the muddy buddies.
Linked to these parties