Today was the first day of school. My husband is a teacher, so he has been home all summer. While I would pick out our menu for the week, my husband would usually have dinner started by the time I got home from work. That was so nice. Now that school is starting again, we are always looking for easy meals that we can cook on a weeknight, without sacrificing taste.
These pork chops were really easy to make and are an easy skillet meal. They were really delicious and a great meal. I really liked the lemon sauce and the addition of the asparagus. They also tasted great served over a bed of fettuccine. I hope that your family enjoys this easy weeknight meal.
(Recipe adapted from food.com)
1/3 cup and 1/4 cup lemon and herb salad dressing or marinade
1/3 cup flour
1 pound bone-in pork chops
1 cup chicken broth
1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1. Place 1/3 cup of lemon and herb dressing in one bowl and the flour in another bowl. Dip the pork into the dressing, and then coat with the flour.
2. Add the pork to a skillet on medium high heat and cook from 2-4 minutes on each side or until browned.
3. In a small bowl mix the chicken broth and 1/4 cup lemon and herb salad dressing.
4. Reduce the heat to medium and add the broth mixture.
5. Add the asparagus. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until the asparagus is tender and the pork is cooked.
6. Serve over fettuccine or other pasta.
Linked to these parties