This meal is a good meal for Cinco de Mayo or for any night when you need an easy dinner. These enchiladas were really good and easy to make. My husband really liked this meal and said that he liked them better than other enchiladas he has had. I really liked that they were made with sausage, it is a good alternative to beef or chicken enchiladas. We both recommend that you try them!
(Recipe adapted from Hillshire Farm)
1 lb. smoked sausage, cubed
1 can (19 ounces) mild enchilada sauce, divided
2 cups shredded Mexican Cheese blend
Sour cream (optional topping)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until it is lightly browned. Stir in 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce, then remove from heat.
3. Lightly spray a 13x9 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Spread 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce on the bottom of the pan. Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 10 seconds.
4. Place about 1/4 cup of the sausage mixture on a tortilla. Top with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese. Roll up the enchilada and place seam side down in the pan. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas, then sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. If desired, top with sour cream.
Linked to these parties